Elbert County Bondsman

Elbert County Bondsman

 303 Bail Bonds is a 24/7 365 Colorado bail bonds service! If you’re looking for a fast, professional, and an affordable Bail Bondsman, you have come to the right place. We service all of Colorado and all of our Bail Bondsman Colorado offices are conveniently located throughout Colorado and Elbert County. You can reach any of our offices to help you or simply to get more information on how we can help you get out of jail in Elbert County. Our Elbert County offices are open 24/7 all year round so we’re always in when you want to get out. Call our main Elbert County office at:


Elbert County Jail

Elbert County Jail Phone: (303) 621-2027

751 Ute Ave, Kiowa, CO 80117


The Elbert County Sheriff’s Office Detentions Division has existed since the establishment of Elbert County on February 2, 1874. The current Elbert County jail was built in 1984 and currently houses all classifications of adult male and female inmates for police departments in Elizabeth and Simla, the Colorado State Patrol, and state and federal law enforcement agencies. The jail holds both unadjudicated and sentenced inmates.

Safety and security for staff and inmates is the top priority of the ECSO Detentions Division. The deputies who operate the facility minimize inmate movement by providing medical, education, visitation, religious, and rehabilitation services within inmates’ secured areas.

The jail’s full-service kitchen serves approximately 48,000 meals each year. Meals are prepared in accordance with Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and American Jail Association standards.

The jail’s commissary provides inmates a way to spend their own money to purchase items online, such as clothing, games, electronics, and food.  Inmates may also use their funds to make telephone calls. Family and friends can put money into an inmate’s commissary account by visiting the jail or electronically.

Soft cover books may be shipped to an Inmate, but ONLY if shipped from a vendor such as Amazon or Barns and Noble. The books must be new and sealed from the vendor. Books with any sexual content will be refused. Books received will be reviewed and may be deemed inappropriate. Puzzle books such as Sudoku and crossword puzzle books are acceptable. Magazines are not accepted. All books entering the facility become the property of the facility upon the inmate’s release.


How can I find out if someone is in the Elbert County Jail? 

Our Current jail roster is available at this link or by calling our main information line at 303-621-2027. Be prepared to provide the inmate’s full name and date of birth.

How may I send mail to an Inmate?
To send mail to an Inmate at the Elbert County Jail, please send it to the Elbert County Jail, Inmate (Inmate’s full name), P.O. Box 486, Kiowa, CO 80117.  Please note that all incoming mail is opened and inspected for any contraband or money. Visit our Inmate Mail & Telephone page for more information.


How may I visit an Inmate? 
The Detention Facility is located at 751 Ute Avenue in Kiowa. Visiting hours are 06:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily. Inmates are allowed up to 30 minutes of visitation time per day. Go to our Inmate Visits page for more information. A Turnkey Corrections kiosk is available for the public’s use in the jail’s lobby for visitation. The Inmate will remain in the pod during the visit.  The public does not need to come to the jail for visitation.  The public is able to conduct the visitation from the comfort of their own home or other location, by signing creating an account at  Please check their website for more information.


How can I get money to an Inmate? 
When an Inmate is processed into the jail, all currency is taken from her/him and forwarded to her/him personal account for his use during incarceration.  It is deposited onto his/her account.


Family and friends may deposit money into an Inmate’s account by two ways. The easiest way is to deposit funds via the Inmate Canteen website, or you can go directly to the Elbert County Sheriff’s Office and deposit funds directly into the Inmate Canteen kiosk. Only cash and credit cards are accepted; No personal checks or money orders will be accepted. No money or property may be exchanged between Inmates.

May I call an Inmate? 
Incoming calls are not accepted through the sheriff’s office telephone system.  Calls can be scheduled and made through the Inmate Canteen telephone or video kiosk system, which are in each of the jail Inmate pods.


How do I find out about an Inmate’s sentencing or upcoming court procedures? 
Please call our main information line at 303-621-2027. Be prepared to provide the Inmate’s full name and date of birth.


How do I pay bail for an Inmate?
Please visit our Bond Information page for more information.